Is bone broth in your diet today? When I first heard about bone broth it was a complete turn off for me. Then I saw the health benefits and had to give it a try. If you have not added this to your diet you should.
What is bone broth you may ask? It is a broth that is a nutritious stock that is used in soups and sauces. It is now considered a very healthy drink. I will explore the benefits and why it should be included in your diet. I have also included the recipe to make bone broth at home.
Bone broth is very easy to make at home. It is made by boiling down animal bones.
Bone Broth Recipe
1 gallon water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2-4 pounds Animal Bones
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a pot.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce to simmer for 12-24 hours. The longer it cooks the better
4. Allow broth to cool.
5. Strain the liquid into a container.
It is best to use a variety of bones that are from grass fed animals.
You can add in different herbs and vegetables for different flavors.
Use within 7 days of refrigeration or freeze for later.
The Benefits of Bone Broth
1. It contains vitamins and minerals which includes calcium, omega-3, and vitamin A and K.
2. Benefits the digestive system. Scientists discovered that your health is dependent on your intestinal tract. Bone broth has is easy to digest and guards against leaky gut syndrome.
3. Helps fight inflammation. Chronic inflammation can lead to serious diseases. This is one way to help fight against those.
4. Improve joint health. The collagen, a protein, found in the broth is beneficial for joint health.