5 Ab Exercises – No Crunches!
Are you looking to get a 6 pack by summer? Here are 5 Ab Exercises you can do that are not crunches. No equipment required.
- Plank to Pike – Start in a plank position. Move your body into a pike position and then back to plank. Repeat this for 30 seconds. For more advanced repeat for 1 minute.
- Russian Twist with Weight – Sit on the floor with legs bent in front of you and hip width apart. Hold a weight with arms out in front of you. Twist to the right while holding the weight with arms in front of you. Come back to center. Twist to the left while holding the weight with arms in front of you. Come back to center. Repeat for 30 seconds or 1 minute for advanced.
- Pike up and Downs – Lay flat on your back with feet straight up in the air. Make sure your back remains flat on the ground, no arching the back. If you need to place your hands slightly under your rear to help support. Lower your legs as far as you can towards the floor without arching your back. Raise them back up to the air. Repeat for 30 seconds or one minute for advanced.
- Superman – Lay flat on your stomach with arms and legs extended out. Slowly raise your head, arms and legs off the ground. Lower back to the floor and then raise back up. Repeat for 30 seconds or 1 minute for advanced.
- Side Plank – Lay on your side with feet extended out and arm under your shoulder. Raise up and hold with abs in. Hold for 30 seconds or 1 minute for advanced. Repeat on other side.