Hello, my name is Kassi McCabe and I want to thank you for stopping by my blog. My hope is that you will find inspiration and information on your journey of a new healthy lifestyle. I am a certified personal trainer and fitness lover. I am here to help women and mom’s achieve their health and fitness goals through at home workouts.
I am a wife and mom of 4 ages 18, 16 (almost 17), 10, and 7 and two furry pets. We have put down our roots in the Wichita, Kansas area. I am an only child who knew I would have 4 kids of my own. It has been a learning experience for me as I never had to worry about getting along with a sibling let alone 4 of them. They have challenged me in every way possible and it has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. Our oldest is in college and the other 3 are keeping us busy with school and sport activities. I would not know what to do if we didn’t have sports or school activity to keep us busy almost every night of the week. I wouldn’t have it any other way!
My other half:
My husband is an amazing father and supporter of me! He is full of love and keeps us grounded. He is my best friend and I couldn’t be more proud to be his wife. We got married in Oct of 2008 on a beautiful sunny day, it was perfect. I love him more every day!
He loves technology and his hobby is cars, specifically mustangs, his is pictured below.
Some of my interests:
- As a child I was a gymnast starting at the age of 5 and fell in love with it! Continued on for the next 7 years. Traveled the state of Kansas for competitions. It was some of the best years of my childhood. It was a second family. I learned to become strong, flexible, and how to push my body to do things I never thought possible.
- Once I decided to leave the competition space in gymnastics I decided to coach gymnastics my high school years. It was so rewarding to be able to help kids believe themselves and be inspired to compete as well. I miss this sport very much!
- Our first year to do a mud run was in 2015. It was so much fun to get back into that competition space and see what I was capable of doing. I am hoping to continue into more mud run’s and other competitions like this.
- My girls have had a passion for Volleyball and Soccer.
- Of course the boys love Football!
How Kassi McCabe Health and Fitness was born:
I have been in IT for 18 years and in Corporate America for most my working life. As I got older and started a family I became overweight and out of shape. I had quit exercising and my focus was rightly so on my family. I was tired all of the time and not motivated to play with my kids. A couple of years ago I decided enough is enough, this was not me. It was time to take care of me and take control back. At first I was not really sure where to start, but that didn’t stop me. I dove in and now I am in much better health and in shape. I have more energy, I have lost my pregnancy weight and I feel good about myself.
I am no longer in Corporate America, I have the opportunity to be home with my kids. I have been inspired to start this blog as a way to help other Mom’s to know that is ok to take care of themselves. I want to help other women and mom’s just like me take control and know that is ok to have time for yourself. I have spent many hours researching and refining how I live and exercise. I will bring all the information I had to find to you in one place. I hope that you will find inspiration, nutrition, and exercises all to help you feel better about yourself.
This is a before and after picture of my husband and I. Our before was just after our 4th child. The after is life as we know it today.
It’s all about YOU:
I want this for you! You deserve to take care of yourself! I am here to help provide accountability and motivation to help you through your journey. Are you going to be next?